Skip to content | Saturday, 04-Dec-2021 | Text Only View | Site Map | Text size: A A A

Guildford Home Choice

Other special needs

Supported housing projects

There are a number of supported housing projects in the Guildford Borough area that are suitable for people with support needs. This includes young people; young single parents, people with learning disabilities, mental health problems and substance misuse problems.

Some of the schemes provide long-term accommodation whereas others require residents to move on either after a certain period of time or when they are able to live independently. If move on is required we work closely with other agencies to ensure suitable accommodation is available to move on to.

The Council has a dedicated Supported Housing Service, which directly manages a number of supported housing projects. Other supported housing projects are managed by housing associations and voluntary agencies. The Council works in partnership with these agencies and referrals can be made through the Housing Advice Centre. For contact details click How to Contact Us. Referrals can also be made by your key worker or any other support worker. Before you can be offered a place in any of the supported schemes you will normally need to have an assessment.

Floating housing support service

A floating housing support service, which aims to help council tenants who may need support in managing their home or maintaining their tenancy, is provided by one of our partners. Housing Advice Officers are able to refer to this service if assessed as being appropriate.

Properties currently available

Vacancies in supported housing projects will normally be advertised through Guildford HomeChoice. If you would like to search for properties that are currently available click Property Search. If you only wish to look at supported housing put a tick in the box against supported housing on the property search page.

Site powered by Abritas  |  Cookie policy
Click here to download the browsealoud software