Skip to content | Saturday, 04-Dec-2021 | Normal View | Site Map | Text size: Normal Large Extra Large

Guildford Home Choice

Who can use the service

Anyone who has been accepted onto Guildford's Housing Register is able to use the service. To apply to join the Housing Register you must be over 16 years of age.

Before you are offered a property you will be asked to provide further documents to support your application. We will tell you what documents to provide and when to provide them.

Who cannot use the service?

There are also some people who will not by law qualify to join the housing register. These are:

  • certain people who are subject to Immigration Control under the 1996 Asylum and Immigration Act
  • certain people from abroad who are not subject to immigration control but who are not habitually resident in the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland
  • people (including members of their household) who have been guilty of unacceptable behaviour that makes them unsuitable to be a tenant.

For more detailed information contact our Housing Advice Centre.

Site powered by Abritas  |  Cookie policy
Click here to download the browsealoud software